Tuesday, March 1, 2016

It's Happening ~

I've been having moments lately when I wonder what all the fuss is about regarding our family and our mission in life. Receiving an article in the mail about a family in PA who've adopted a number of children with special needs, is encouraging. They were responsible for shutting down an *orphan asylum* in Bulgaria from where they rescued from death 2 of their children. It helps keep me fully aware our family is doing a good thing but by no means are we all that special.
No baby need ever be abandoned in a dumpster.
No baby should ever have to die alone and unloved.

The ability to get the word out about HTTP://SAFEHAVEN.TV
And provide a real, tangible next step to a woman in a crisis situation where her life and her child's life is concerned is a gift. A prayer answered.

I've spoken with People magazine this afternoon and while the article about our family will not be on the newsstands tomorrow as planned, it is in the works for next Wed. The delay in being published has been a blessing. Getting the website functional (that's still being tweaked), a designated phone, mailbox and email, Twitter account, etc. has required time and energy and help from more people than just myself to do it. We're being tracked down anyway, so we're providing the contact info in order for our children not to be bombarded with folks trying to speak to me.

I wondered why I should go to all this trouble. I mean, seriously?! Is anyone even going to remember my name in a couple of weeks?? The powers that be, seem to think so and that the prudent thing is to prepare the fields for rain and if it doesn't come, then so be it, but the seeds have been planted, let's expect they're going to produce a bountiful crop.
Go Big or Go Home......only my comfort zone would say, can't we keep this nice and neat and good gravy, not be inviting criticism?
For some, the fact that Charlie had to be resuscitated, breathing wise, never chest compressions (THANK YOU, JESUS), over and over this past year, caused them to call me a "Cruel and Heartless Bitch." Well then.
They don't know or don't care that my hands were tied with Charlie being in the foster care system until the adoption was final in December.
One of the best ways we have advocated for Charlie was to adopt him to allow us the legal authority to make end of life decisions. He needed us not for our name or for a sense of well being on his part about where he would live and who would love him, but so we could let him die and go to Heaven without his last moments being a painful mess.

Part of the load rolled off my shoulders when the judge declared him Charles Stephen Salchert. He's ours for better or for worse and there's no giving him back, as if that were ever really an option. NOT. We promised to love him and keep him and stay by him no matter how hard things would get and will yet.

I have media requests galore queuing up to be answered once the People article is published. Thankfully, the PR people at People are willing to help us navigate the labyrinth once it does. I'd much rather speak to CBS, ABC, NBC on a national level rather than 85 smaller news outlets.
Dishes, laundry and diaper changes fill  my days.

I read these verses again today in Ephesians Chapter 3.
My prayer, from my gut, is that God will be glorified in all of this hullabaloo. I know He's pleased with the fact orphans are being cared for and embraced fully. He's also being sought after and thanked and trusted again with broken hearts which need to be mended and knowing He's done that for me, for our family, is giving others hope for themselves too.

The Love of Christ
14 So I bow in prayer before the Father 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth gets its true name. 16 I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit. 17 I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. 18 And I pray that you and all God’s holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ’s love—how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. 19 Christ’s love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God.
20 With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. 21 To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment